- Ph.D. in Built Environment, University of Washington (UW). 2012.
- Master of Landscape Architecture, University of Pennsylvania. 2003. Graduated with honors.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, National Taiwan University (NTU). 1996.
- Associate Professor, Graduate Institute of Urban Planning, National Taipei University. August 2017 ~ present
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Architecture, National University of Singapore (NUS). January 2017 ~ May 2017.
- Assistant Professor, School of Architecture, Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK).December 2013 ~ January 2017. Other academic affiliations at CUHK: Urban Studies Programme; Center for Land Resources and Housing Policy, Institute of Future Cities
- Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture, National University of Singapore (NUS).July 2012 ~ December 2013.
Flood resilience; resilience thinking; ecosystem services; nature-based-solutions; blue-green infrastructure; urban river restoration/rehabilitation/enhancement; sustainable stormwater management; urban sustainability; social-ecological systems.